“original and accessible, compelling you to listen closely” – Janet McLarty, BBC Radio 2 producer
“a great band to see performing live” – Rosie Dunkley, BBC Introducing producer
Style & Music
With a folk-blues style, we’re inspired by all that is good in society, life by the sea and a searching faith. We’ve played festivals from Greenbelt to Rock Oyster and love to engage with the crowd and have fun on stage, even throwing our own versions of well known songs into the mix if it feels right!
Here is some of our music..
We’ve released an album Breathing People in 2012, followed by an EP Reaching in 2014.
Airplay & Achievements
- UK’s first independent social enterprise band:
BBC Radio 2 Airplay
- Nathaniel, 2013, Breathing people (album), Good Morning Sunday, Clare Balding.
- Love Wins 2014, 2 x plays, December 2014 including Christmas day on BBC Radio 2 Christmas Show
- Tulips and Coffee, EP Breathing people, September 2013 and April 2014, Clare Balding.
- Abide, Breathing People 2015, October 2014, DJ Hardeep Singh Kholi
bbc radio 2 live performances
- Nathaniel, 2013 March, Good Morning Sunday
- Mumbles, 2013 March, Good Morning Sunday
- Poverty, 2014, August, live from Greenbelt festival
- Soul Saver, 2014 August, live from Greenbelt festival
- Abide, 2014 August, live from Greenbelt festival
- Rise, 2014, August, live from Greenbelt festival
- Nathaniel, 2013, live session (recorded from March)
bbc radio london live performances
- Penlee, album Breathing People, January 2014, Simon Lederman show
- Tulips and Coffee, EP Reaching, January 2014, Simon Lederman show
bbc radio cornwall & bbc introducing (cornwall)
- Multiple tracks from both our 2012 album Breathing People our 2014 EP Reaching have been played on the David White and BBC Introducing programmes on BBC Radio Cornwall.
Tulips & Coffee
Written for our friend Naomi and the Macmillan Cancer charity, this hit over 1 million twitter accounts in 1 month, trending in UK in August 2013 and was regarded as one of the top 10 songs ‘to make you smile’ in Asia in 2014. The Claze received the Douglas Macmillan award for services to supporting people with cancer.
- Featured on front page of Noise Trade social website USA with Tulips and Coffee.
- Love Wins features on Spotify Christmas playlists.
- Made appearances for BBC Introducing on Royal Cornwall Show stage in 2013, and Healy’s Festival 2014.
- Other festivals include Rock Oyster 2013, Greenbelt 2014, Henry’s Little Big Gig 2013 and 2014, Creation Festival 2013 and 2014, Chill at the Mill 2015.